Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts!

So this was a weekend filled with firsts: We took a walk for the first time with our big girl stroller and we started trying some rice cereal. Now I know that most moms are so excited when they are finally able to start trying to feed their children for the first time but I wasn't so excited about it- the thought of trying to feed 2 babies simultaneously sounded more challenging than fun. I really wanted to wait until 6 months to start feeding them anything even though our doctor told me to start feeding them at their 4 month appointment, but I decided to start at 5 & 1/2 months so we could have a couple of weeks under our belt once we go for the 6 month appt. in case I had any concerns or questions for our pediatrician. Well, I think the girls are doing pretty good for just starting to eat but I'm not sure if more landed in their tummies or on them :) Patrick & I did get a lot of good laughs in though! Patrick even said "I think this is up there with one of their cutest moments" when they were covered in rice cereal...and I had to agree! Hannah Kate is so funny, she is content for a few moments in her Bumbo seat until she suddenly decides she's got places to be and people to see evidently because she tries to break free by bending her whole body backwards until her head is upside-down and she's looking behind her.

The other thing I mentioned is that we took our first walk in our big girl stroller. We had a couple of nice days up here in Maryland so we all took a walk on Sunday and then again on Monday. I forgot how great it is to be able to get outside and enjoy some sunshine and the girls really enjoy going on walks too. I think they were just trying to figure out why all of a sudden they were faced outward instead of facing me, but they were happy. Now, I have been so excited for them to get big enough for their big girl stroller for a few reasons...it's easier to manuever and I can carry them both downstairs and to the stroller at the same time since I'm not trying to carry them in a carrier. Doesn't sound like too big of a deal but really it is so much easier getting them into this stroller and so much less crying. This is how it goes when we use the snap-and-go stroller: I pick up girl #1 in her seat and carry her downstairs while girl #2 is screaming about being left upstairs. Girl #1 gets snapped into the stroller and it's back upstairs for girl #2...meanwhile girl #1 starts screaming about being left alone downstairs. Okay, now I have girl #2 downstairs as well and snapped in but have to try to calm girl #1. Both pacifiers in and off we go! Just lots of crying and by the time I have them both snapped in I am wondering if it was worth it! And this is how it has gone with the big girl stroller: I carry both girls downstairs at the same time and set them both in the stroller. I work on getting them both strapped in and there is minimal crying, if any at all, because no one had to be left upstairs alone for even a few seconds!
Anyway, here are a few pictures of our escapades:

Charlotte sharing her fingers with Hannah Kate during playtime

Girls in their jumperoos

Char (L) & HK (R) playing in their bumbo chairs. They love their zoo in the bottom of the picture.

Dad & HK (she loved licking the zipper on her hoodie)


First try at rice cereal (HK on left, Char on right)


Charlotte

Hannah Kate

First time in our big girl stroller! (Char on left, HK on right)




2 comments:

  1. Christy your girls are getting so big! They are precious! Funny that you like looking at my blog and thinking how fun things are going to be when they get older and can do the things that we are doing with ours... I like to see your blog to remember the days of double bottle feeding, double cereal feeding, etc etc etc!
    Looks like you all are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see the girls are enjoying that animal zoo toy. You put much effort into taking it out and putting it together when my girls were over (thank you!). Is Patrick enjoying that lovely song that it plays?

    ReplyDelete