We are in full swing getting ready for our big move to Virginia Beach next week...I can't believe it's already time to move again! It seems like it just snuck up on us over the last couple of months, but we are ready to move on and become little beach bums :) I just hope the girls transition to a new house and new bedroom okay. I think they will because they have become so much more flexible lately and with that flexibility comes lots of relief and being more laid back on mom and dad's end. We are finally able to go out to dinner with the girls from time to time and can tweak their schedules on occasion. I feel like life is just getting back to a more "normal" feeling now. And with all of this relief and normalcy I think Patrick & I are able to enjoy the girls and are loving our life as a little family now. Not that we didn't love the girls before, there has never been a question of that, but we felt more like we were just trying to keep our heads above water and survive each day for about the first 7 months. However, now we are just enjoying each day and laugh and smile so much at our little girls. That's not to say that we don't still have our moments of frustration that every parent deals with and don't feel tired a lot of the time, but I am thoroughly enjoying this phase of life!
What the girls are up to these days:
*Hannah Kate has 3 teeth and Charlotte has 2 teeth.
*They are still not crawling but are showing lots of interest in it, trying to figure it out. For now they are just rolling all over the place to get to where they want to go :)
*They love playing peek-a-boo. Charlotte gets her hands over her eyes and dances while she's "hiding". Hannah Kate hasn't quite mastered getting her hands over her eyes so they end up covering her ears usually, but she thinks she's hiding from us...too funny!
*They are drinking water from sippy cups, but they still don't want their milk in a sippy cup...I'll have to keep trying until they accept it I guess.
*New foods: Chicken, Roast Beef, Plums, Mandarin Oranges. They are not big fans of meat but they will grudgingly eat it most of the time. And they share mom's dislike of watermelon much to Patrick's disappointment because he loves it. They really like their Fresh Food Feeders ( http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Fresh-Food-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309270826&sr=8-1 ). I usually put either mandarin oranges, strawberries, or bananas in them. The girls love eating from them and it's great for me because I don't have to spend time chopping their food into tiny little bits. We all really like this product :)
*The girls LOVE to go to the park and the pool! We can't even walk by either of those places if we aren't going to stop. As soon as they see the park or pool they start squealing and screaming in excitement but if we walk past them and don't stop to play they starting yelling and crying. They are just too smart. Patrick had last week off of work, which was mostly spent packing all of our stuff in boxes, but most days we would take an afternoon break and take the girls to the pool to swim and they LOVED it! And if they went swimming they would also get a bath that night to wash off all of the sunscreen so they were VERY happy little girls. They are still bathing in their ducky tub and once they see it all set up they start flailing their little limbs and excitedly squealing until we put them in it! Patrick & I never get tired of seeing it ;)
A few recent pictures:
Charlotte (L) & Hannah Kate (R) making sure they don't get left behind in the move!
No comments:
Post a Comment