Well, I don't have a lot of wonderful things to write about October because the girls have been sick pretty much the whole month. They each had an infected ear so they got 10 days of Amoxicillin, but when we went in for their recheck the doctor discovered that antibiotic didn't work and all 4 ears were now infected. So, another 10 days of another antibiotic, Augmentin, and finally we were in the clear. The girls got their 1 year shots finally (at 13 1/2 months) and were of course fussy and tired for a few days after that. The following Monday Patrick left to go underway for 2 1/2 weeks out to sea, which just happened to be the same day they developed very high fevers. The girls went on another antibiotic, this time a 5 day course of Zithromax, which ended today and they are still running fevers despite LOTS of tylenol and ibuprofen :( So, we went back to the doctor today to figure out what's going on and they said it must be a bad virus and we'll probably just have to wait it out. I feel so sorry for them because they are just so short on patience right now while they're not feeling well and they are just beginning walking so they are falling left and right. Now usually they get back up and keep on going but right now they just get so upset every time they fall. I can't wait until they are healthy again! Oh yah, and on top of everything else they have some pretty bad yeast diaper rashes that also requires an antibiotic cream...I feel like we are running a pharmacy out of this house lately! Thankfully my mom was willing to fly out a little earlier than planned to help me juggle everything and try to keep my sanity.
On a more positive note, both girls are walking. Hannah Kate began walking about 3 weeks ago and she's taking about 10 steps consistently before falling and Charlotte took her first steps about a week ago and is taking about 3 steps at a time before falling! Wow how time flies...I know I say this all of the time but I can't believe my little babies are already walking. How did this happen so fast? I am so thankful for how far they have come though and wouldn't trade it for the world!
We were getting out the girls winter stuff and put some of their hats on them, they thought it was pretty funny and didn't try to rip them off their heads like they normally do :) This is HK.
We went to a pumpkin patch last weekend and had a blast! The girls loved it, and of course Patrick had so much fun documenting it with pictures. This is HK sitting next to pumpkins almost as big as her!
On a more positive note, both girls are walking. Hannah Kate began walking about 3 weeks ago and she's taking about 10 steps consistently before falling and Charlotte took her first steps about a week ago and is taking about 3 steps at a time before falling! Wow how time flies...I know I say this all of the time but I can't believe my little babies are already walking. How did this happen so fast? I am so thankful for how far they have come though and wouldn't trade it for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment