Sorry that this is several weeks late, but better late than never! We have had a crazy past month that included an evacuation from Virginia Beach to avoid Hurricane Irene. This was pretty scary for me who has never experienced a hurricane and Patrick was underway (that's Navy talk for "out to sea") at the time so I packed up the girls and we drove to Nashville. We had already planned on flying to Nashville the following week to celebrate the girls birthday with family and friends so we just cancelled our flights and hit the road. Patrick flew in on his original flight a week after we got to Nashville and got to celebrate with us at the girls party. It ended up working out great because I got to see lots of friends while home since I had a whole extra week there.
Charlotte & Hannah Kate turned 1 while we were there and we celebrated their birthday that following weekend with a ladybug themed party. All week long I kept thinking about what I was doing at that exact time last year and it made me thankful that I wasn't about to deliver 2 babies with a hurricane heading toward us. It seems like that was such a long time ago and just yesterday all at the same time. It's hard to explain...I can't believe that it was just a year ago that I met them for the first time but I also can't believe that it's already been a year since they were born.
For the party my mom made lots of cute little ladybug treats. I am always amazed at how talented she is at decorating desserts like cakes and cookies. We had a great time at their party and they loved trying cake for the first time! Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate our little girls turning 1 with us!
Birthday Girl "A": Charlotte 8/29/2011
Birthday Girl "B": Hannah Kate 8/29/2011
Ladybug "smash" cakes
Ladybug cupcakes
Ladybug Oreo balls...yummmmm!
They have no clue what they are in for!
My clean little eater Charlotte. It looks like she's not so sure about her dirty hands.
Cute party! Cuter babies! Good job, Christy.
ReplyDelete