Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Micah!

That's right, Micah Patrick Hunter was born last Monday, June 25, 2012 at 8:06pm by c-section. It started out as an ordinary day where I went to my OB appt in the morning. When my belly was being measured the doctor told me once again that I was measuring small, which had been the case since about 32 weeks. But the gap kept getting bigger each time I went to the doctor. She told me it was probably a good thing I was scheduled to have an amniocentesis later that day since they would do it with an ultrasound just to see what was going on. Well, when I got the ultrasound the doctor said I had very low amniotic fluid levels and they weren't even able to do the amnio so she called my doctor and they sent me over to the hospital. I was told that I was going to have the baby that evening and I cried the whole way to the hospital and then some more after being admitted. I was very emotional because I wasn't ready to leave the girls just yet...I hadn't been able to give them a good goodbye like I had wanted. I had just told them I was going to the doctor and I would be back later. Well, they were in very capable hands because thankfully my sister had come into town the week before to help me out and my mom was arriving the next day to help out. So Aunt Catie brought them to the hospital that afternoon after naps so I could see them and just love on them a little knowing it was the last day that they had me all to themselves.
I had to wait until 8pm to have my c-section because I had just eaten lunch right before my amnio appt. and you have to wait 8 hours after eating before you can go back for surgery. My cousin by marriage, Taryn, was so sweet and came right to the hospital when she heard what was going on and stayed all night with me getting only a couple hours of sleep that night. And my friend Tracy came to the hospital and went into the delivery room with me so I didn't have to have Micah by myself. I am truly thankful for those 2 girls and their willingness to drop everything on a moment's notice to be with me.
The c-section went well without any problems this time and the recovery has been so much easier than it was with the girls. When the doctor sectioned me she said that I didn't have a little fluid, I had no fluid so it was a very good thing it all worked out like it did. I was 37 1/7 weeks and Micah came out screaming so his lungs were working well! I got to see him before they took him to the nursery and he was extremely bruised on his face. The doctor said his head was wedged behind my pubic bone and that was probably the cause of all the bruising and swelling. Poor little guy looked like he had been in a fight! But he has been the sweetest little guy so far. Here are a few pictures of our last couple of weeks:
Pop Pop sent the girls some mini Camelback water bottles and they love them! Charlotte trying hers out.

Sick Charlotte. The girls both got sick a few weeks back. Charlotte ran really high fevers that must have been from a virus and then the next day Hannah Kate developed a cough that turned into Croup and landed us a midnight visit to the ER for some difficulty breathing. She got some oxygen and steroids and felt much better.

Hannah Kate: Do these shoes make my feet look big?

The girls love to lay on pillows.

HK thought Charlottes tummy looked like a good place to sit :)

Sweet sisters holding hands. Char (L) & HK (R)

Ready for the 4th of July! Char (L) & HK (R)

Char ready for bed with her daddy doll!

HK ready for bed with her daddy doll!

At the bouncy house with Aunt Catie! Char is ready to slide!

Action shot: HK jumping at the bouncy place and having a ball!

The girls love putting on their tutus, whether it be around their waists or  on their heads! Char (L) &  HK  (R)

HK at the beach. This was the day before Micah was born.

Momma and Char happy at the beach!

We went to eat at Moe's after the beach. HK loves black beans!

And Char loves her black beans as well!
35 Weeks pregnant with Micah

36 Weeks pregnant with Micah

Sweet Hannah Kate

Silly girls playing! HK (L) & Char (R)

Sweet Charlotte

Micah Patrick Hunter- 5 pounds, 10.6 oz. As you can see he came out very bruised.

Momma & Micah enjoying some cuddle time in the hospital :)

A little less bruised.

Having a sweet conversation with Micah.

This little boy loves to suck his thumb! He has found it every day which I think is pretty impressive at this age ;)

Charlotte checking out baby Micah for the first time.

Big sister Charlotte meeting Micah for the first time, giving him a kiss on his head.

Big sister Hannah Kate's turn.

Charlotte "holding" baby Micah.

And my face says it all! This is what's really going on in my mind...how in the world do people juggle 3 kiddos?

Stealing a kiss from Micah!

Sweet Micah

A little jaundiced but the bruising is looking better every day :)

Caught sucking his thumb again. He will put the thumb of one hand in his mouth and hold it in with the  other hand as seen here. What a smart little guy!

The girls have developed this new love of wearing as many bibs as possible. HK (L) & Char (R)

Only a little bruising and swelling left around the eyes.

This is the newborn photo they took of him in the hospital, he is too sweet for words :)

Playing at the park!
And sleeping at the park!
Caught with his thumb yet again!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Patrick! Micah is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Christy! He is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Christy! He is perfect! I love seeing the pics of your little family! Love you, sweet girl!
    Nonni (Diane)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little baby! Congrats, friend. Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Christy!!! Your sweet family is so precious.
    tarrah

    ReplyDelete