Today is mine and Patrick's 3 year anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 3 years since that day at the beach when we said our "I do's" but then again when I think of what our life has entailed since marriage it's hard to believe we could fit everything we've done in 3 years time. I have to share part of the card Patrick sent to me that got me laughing of what all we've accomplished in the past 3 years:
"2 pregnancies, (almost) 3 kids, 3 moves, 2 nursing jobs, dental school, residency, 5 cars, 5 cross-country trips, 3 ER trips, 1 dog, cave crickets and giant cockroaches and flooding in Memphis, 2 flights of stairs and noisy smoking neighbors in Rockville, weeds (lots) and exploding microwaves in Va. Beach, lots of home projects, 5 strollers, a deployment, and
BINALDO! We spent our 1st anniversary moving to MD and spent the night in a hotel eating Taco Bell on the road to MD, 2nd anniversary in Atlantic City, and this 3rd anniversary...well."
Whew, no wonder I feel so tired all of the time! We always joke that since we've met our lives have been spent in the fast lane, and this really puts it all into perspective!
Even though Patrick is stuck out on a ship somewhere out in the middle east on this anniversary he still managed to make it a special one. He called me first thing this morning, sent me beautiful flowers, and sent a really sweet card. I also had an email from him that was sent right at midnight last night (Eastern time) wishing me a happy anniversary! I really do have the best husband a girl could ask for :) He is everything I ever dreamed of and so much more than I ever dared to ask God for in a husband and I would go through all of the above again to keep him by my side. I love you Patrick Alan Hunter. Thank you for choosing me to be your wife!
My sweet friend Tracy also made this day a little more enjoyable by spending practically the whole day with me and the kiddos :) She met us at the mall this morning and we let all of the kids play in the children's play area, then took the kids to eat lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Then she and I went to lunch while we both had sitters to watch our children. We went to the park in the afternoon and then she and her children came back to our house and we ordered out for pizza for dinner. It was really good to spend the day with a really good friend and her kids instead of by myself.
Now onto the pictures:
 |
| Sweet anniversary flowers! |
 |
| Going to the park for a picnic. HK (L) & Char (R) |
 |
| Charlotte LOVES chocolate! |
 |
| So does Hannah Kate! |
 |
| I left them playing in the garage a few days ago and when I came out a few minutes later this is what I found. They climbed in all by themselves and then asked me to push them, so I pushed them back and forth in the garage for a few minutes. They thought they had gone on a real walk :) HK (L) & Char (R) |
 |
| Cool cats with their thumbs! Yes, that's both girls with thumbs in their mouths ;) I really do have to label who is who in this picture because my cheat is usually that Char is the one with the thumb. HK (L) & Char (R) |
 |
| 32 weeks pregnant with Micah |
 |
| 33 weeks pregnant with Micah |
 |
| 34 weeks pregnant with Micah |
Happy Anniversary Christy! You are looking beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you and Patrick on your third anniversary! Also congrats on baby #3 - a little boy! Thanks for the comment on our blog. I'm almost 20 weeks along and we just found out we're having another girl - 3 girls for us!
ReplyDelete