Well, we are currently 36 weeks and 4 days, so close to our induction date!!!! My mom got to come into town this past Saturday and what a help she has been! It seems that the most trivial household chores have been such a huge task for me lately so she has really done a TON to help me out so far...I think she's gotten more done in the past 4 days than I have gotten done in the past month!
As of our last appointment the girls are still doing great and just growing right along. Patrick & I were just reflecting on how amazing God's plan and timing have been in this whole process...which I will share here :)
First, we both felt like God was just asking us to trust Him in the timing of us having children back last fall so we decided in December that we would be open to His timing on this subject and let things happen as they will. Well, as you know we found out that we were immediately pregnant. I have to say that I feel so blessed by this occurence because I feel like that is not the norm and know so many people that try for months and even years to get pregnant. Then, I had a feeling that there were 2 little babies growing in there, which was followed by a dream where a man walked up to me on the street with an open Bible in his hands and said to me "Twins, twins! A blessing from the Lord!" At this point I finally let Patrick in on my feeling that we were having 2 babies and we felt like God was just preparing us for this fact so we wouldn't faint from shock when we had our ultrasound that confirmed it ;) So many of the little things that God has worked out has kept me in awe as well, such as moving across country while I was 25 weeks pregnant and having no problems with that. Our furniture was not supposed to be delivered until after Patrick left for boot camp (which would have been a big challenge) and the company randomly called us to ask if it would be okay if they delivered it early instead, which was a few days before he left. He had to then leave for boot camp for 5 weeks, and I had no problems with the pregnancy and was still able to do everything on my own. I also feel like I have only been able to carry these girls this far along because of God's strength because we all know I'm a little shrimpy weakling ;) And the fact that I was able to stop working at the end of my 2nd trimester which has allowed me to rest and keep my feet up most of the time. I think of all the women that don't have this option and I feel so blessed that Patrick has a great job and we have great benefits that have allowed me to get the best possible care at the top Navy hospital in the country. And just when I felt like I couldn't get around very well to take care of the little things like walking our little dog, Ellie, my mom arrived and does those things for me so I can rest! And on top of that the girls have 2 retired (Debbie, soon to be) grandmothers who are going to be so great to have around during that first month to help out with them! God is good and His timing couldn't have been more perfect throughout this whole pregnancy!!!!
Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure...
As of our last appointment the girls are still doing great and just growing right along. Patrick & I were just reflecting on how amazing God's plan and timing have been in this whole process...which I will share here :)
First, we both felt like God was just asking us to trust Him in the timing of us having children back last fall so we decided in December that we would be open to His timing on this subject and let things happen as they will. Well, as you know we found out that we were immediately pregnant. I have to say that I feel so blessed by this occurence because I feel like that is not the norm and know so many people that try for months and even years to get pregnant. Then, I had a feeling that there were 2 little babies growing in there, which was followed by a dream where a man walked up to me on the street with an open Bible in his hands and said to me "Twins, twins! A blessing from the Lord!" At this point I finally let Patrick in on my feeling that we were having 2 babies and we felt like God was just preparing us for this fact so we wouldn't faint from shock when we had our ultrasound that confirmed it ;) So many of the little things that God has worked out has kept me in awe as well, such as moving across country while I was 25 weeks pregnant and having no problems with that. Our furniture was not supposed to be delivered until after Patrick left for boot camp (which would have been a big challenge) and the company randomly called us to ask if it would be okay if they delivered it early instead, which was a few days before he left. He had to then leave for boot camp for 5 weeks, and I had no problems with the pregnancy and was still able to do everything on my own. I also feel like I have only been able to carry these girls this far along because of God's strength because we all know I'm a little shrimpy weakling ;) And the fact that I was able to stop working at the end of my 2nd trimester which has allowed me to rest and keep my feet up most of the time. I think of all the women that don't have this option and I feel so blessed that Patrick has a great job and we have great benefits that have allowed me to get the best possible care at the top Navy hospital in the country. And just when I felt like I couldn't get around very well to take care of the little things like walking our little dog, Ellie, my mom arrived and does those things for me so I can rest! And on top of that the girls have 2 retired (Debbie, soon to be) grandmothers who are going to be so great to have around during that first month to help out with them! God is good and His timing couldn't have been more perfect throughout this whole pregnancy!!!!
Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure...
No comments:
Post a Comment