Wednesday, March 2, 2011

6 Months!

We are officially 6 months old! On one hand it seems like it was just yesterday that I was holding them for the first time...but on the other hand it feels like that was years ago! Life sure is busy with twins! We had our doctors appt. yesterday and the girls have finally made it to double digits on the growth chart! These girls are close to tripling their birth weights which usually occurs around 1 year for singletons...I guess when you start out smaller your body plays catch up.
Charlotte: Weight- 14 pounds, 2 ounces (44th percentile). Height- 25 1/4 inches. Head circumference- 43.3 centimeters.
Hannah Kate: Weight- 13 pounds, 6 ounces (25th percentile). Height- 25 inches. Head circumference- 43.2 centimeters.
Other news from our appt.- Hannah Kate has an ear infection. That is awful news but I am more than a little relieved to know that the extra fussiness over the last few days is attributable to something instead of just getting more fussy with time. We are all a little under the weather right now though. I had a mild cold 2 weeks ago with a sore throat and congestion and the girls caught it about a week later. Then my mom came to town and she had a cold that we have all caught again! We are ready to be through with these colds for a while! But it was really good having her here to help with the girls for a week. She cleaned our whole house while she was here and it needed it! Thanks mom! It's funny that if she's not cooking or cleaning she feels useless. But I really enjoy cooking and just getting to do normal household things without having to multitask watching the girls at the same time. So when she is able to entertain the girls and give me a chance to do these things and focus on them it's therapeutic in a way. Well, that's all for now...babies are calling my name!

Getting ready for a walk. HK (L) & Char (R)

The girls in their dresses after church. Char (L) & HK (R)


Nana Colgan with all of her favorite girls. They just love to watch Ellie! Char (L) & HK (R)


I somehow manage to rarely get pictures of myself with both girls so this is a rare one. HK (L) & Char (R)


Our first time swimming :) Char (L) & HK (R)


Dad and his girls. HK (L) & Char (R)


Our first time to wear jeans! I thought this was just too cute! Thanks cousin Colgan for all of the cute hand-me-downs! HK (in back) & Char (in front)

2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest little bathing suits I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies are cute as ever! Your Mom is great, Reagan says she can make the best cookies ever.

    ReplyDelete