And tired of being tired! Well, just an update on our household- We are all sick :( I took Charlotte back in to see the doctor on Thursday and sure enough she has an ear infection as well. Patrick & I are both sick as well and have both lost our voices this week. Yuck! So there are antibiotics galore in our house- the girls are both on Amoxicillin and Patrick & I are on Z-Packs. This illness has caused Hannah Kate to wake up every couple of hours through the night and then she has refused to let us put her down by screaming the second her head hits the bed. So, we have broken down and have brought her into our bed to sleep just until we are all over our sicknesses because mom and dad are too tired to sit up rocking her all night long. It has been really sweet to have her in bed with us but we are also definitely ready to get her back to her crib because I don't sleep soundly since I'm always on a little bit of alert when she's next to me, making sure her face isn't too close to my pillow and that there aren't any covers anywhere near her head. And I think Charlotte (our great sleeper) is quite thankful to not have HK crying and waking her up all night long. When Charlotte is sick she sleeps more, when HK is sick, she wakes up crying more. I cannot wait to have a healthy family again! And to get some good nights of sleep again!
So, Patrick and I were talking this morning about our babies’ personalities. Charlotte is so happy go lucky that she tries to give smiles even while she's crying. Hannah Kate is a happy girl too but she's pretty solemn. She smiles plenty throughout the course of a day but she is also pretty serious and likes to watch what's going on around her sometimes instead of playing herself. Now, going back to the newborn period- both of our girls were colicky. However, Hannah Kate was much more so than Charlotte. And the other day I was talking to my mother-in-law about her boys personalities when they were infants and she said one was very happy go lucky and never had colic but that the other was very colicky and ended up having a pretty solemn personality as a baby as well. So, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed if their colicky babies have solemn personalities while their not so colicky ones are more happy go lucky? Just some thoughts and if so I wonder what it is that makes them colicky in the first place and leads to this type of personality? Could it be that whatever is causing them to be so uncomfortable and upset in the beginning continues to affect them until later than just the first 3 months? If anyone has some thoughts or insights into any of this I would love to hear it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was a colicky baby and am told I have a very serious and solemn personality.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Those girls are beautiful!
ReplyDelete