When your kiddos start getting old enough to become a little more mobile! Patrick's parents visited last weekend and we went to DC one afternoon. The weather was great and everyone enjoyed our outing. We took the girls to the WWII Memorial and they loved all of the water and fountains. We also got to see some of the beginning sprouts of the cherry blossoms, which is all I think we will try to see since I hear it gets CRAZY crowded in DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival. And with a double stroller it's not very fun to go to extremely crowded places because it's just too hard to move around. Then last Tuesday we went to the Air & Space Museum, which was once again a great little outing. The girls enjoyed looking at all of the big planes and spaceship, but their favorite part was the gift shop and all of the fun toys that they saw :)
In other news, the girls will be 7 months tomorrow. On one hand it seems like the time has flown by...but on the other hand it has been a very LONG road. There is so much joy that comes along with having children but there is also so much anxiety, stress, and exhaustion that accompanies that joy. I have learned that I am extremely sensitive to others comments about my mothering abilities and choices and that I need to have a little thicker skin and have a little more confidence in my ability to be a good mother. This is by far the hardest job I've ever had- physically, emotionally, mentally- but also the most rewarding when I see their little smiles and hear their little giggles. I often have to sit back for a minute and remind myself of all of the blessings in my life because I find it's so easy to become overwhelmed.
*I have 2 very healthy children that are growing well.
*My babies love to eat so feeding time is never a battle...only when I can't get the spoon in their mouths quick enough :)
*I have a wonderful husband that is willing to go to a not so enjoyable job every day to provide for the girls and me and which allows me to stay home with the girls to take care of them.
*Patrick's job provides us with great health benefits.
*God has provided us with all of our physical needs: food, clothing, shelter, warmth, reliable vehicles, good healthcare, etc.
*God has given me some very good friends with children that are always there to talk to when I need a listening ear (thanks for always listening Cyndi & Amanda)!
*The list goes on, but the best is that I have such a wonderful family full of love- Patrick, Charlotte, & Hannah Kate give me so many things to smile about every single day :)
Here are some of the things the girls are doing at 7 months:
*Sitting up unsupported for short spurts (anywhere from 15sec. to a minute).
*Rolling from front to back and back to front.
*Rolling onto their side to get to a toy or object they want.
*Grab objects and pass them from hand to hand.
*EAT everything I place in front of them!
*Play with each other's hands, feet, hair, pretty much anything they get their hands on.
*They love to put their feet in their mouths.
*They are learning cause & effect with toys.
*They love "reading" books and trying to turn the pages, especially the touch & feel ones.
*Hannah Kate has her first tooth and I think Charlottes will pop through any day now!
They are so cute! These are great pictures! I can't wait to see you and the girls!
ReplyDeleteI agree that being a mother is the hardest job I have ever done! Not only is it all the things you mentioned - physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting - it is 24/7! At other jobs you can at least escape to your home at the end of the "day". I take comments about mothering way too personally too. I think it is just human nature to want to be great at what we do, especially when we think it is the most important job. It is hard to hear what others say and not take it personally (whether they mean it that way or not). I know I haven't seen you or the girls since the brief visit at Christmas but I know that you are an amazing mom...and your girls are lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteHave you heard the mom song by go fish? It is a great song that always brightens up my day! Here are the lyrics! Enjoy :)
Verse 1
If you have a stroller
But you’re still a rock and roller
You’re a mom
If you’re tired of doing dishes
And you know who Elmo’s fish is
You’re a mom
If you have a lot of fun
But your work is never done
You’re a mom
CHORUS
You’re the boss, the driver
The ultimate survivor
A doctor, a cooker
Your man thinks you’re a looker
If you work all day
But you never get paid
You’re a mom
VERSE 2
If you need a sick day
But instead you’re gonna play
You’re a mom
If your first occupation
Sounds like a sweet vacation
You’re a mom
If your living room floor
Looks like a toy store
You’re a mom
CHORUS
VERSE 3
If you mean the whole world
To a little boy or girl
You’re a mom
The Bible that you hold
Can shape these little souls
You’re a mom
If you have the most important job in the world
Then you’re a mom
Oh the joys of raising twins. It only gets better and more fun!!!! However, the exhaustion doesn't go away but it is just different things that will exhaust you. It's funny after having twin, you will find yourself thinking "how boring it must be for those who only have one kid the first go round:-)"
ReplyDeleteI am glad you all are doing well. I hope you get to come to Nashville soon.
Love ya!