Charlotte & Hannah Kate are 11 months old and their birthday present to me was that they began to crawl! Thanks girls, that was a sweet present :) Actually, I had a dream the night before my birthday that Hannah Kate was crawling everywhere and when I woke up she crawled first thing that morning! Charlotte crawled the next day! It is so funny because HK is so motivated to get from point A to point B that she was so excited when she learned this new skill. However, Char is pretty laid back and go with the flow (like her dad) so she is pretty content to stay in one place and play with whatever is close enough to reach without actually moving around. So she crawled a total of 3 times in about a week before she started doing it on a regular basis and even now she doesn't do it nearly as much as HK. Sometimes I put her snacks on the ground far enough away that she has to crawl to get them and that is definitely a motivator for her...that girl loves her food! A funny thing is that she likes to try to crawl into my lap, but HK likes to crawl into Char's lap and so she crawls to her, turns around and sits right on Char's legs. It is really so sweet. Even though HK acts like she doesn't notice Char even exists sometimes and I feel sorry for Char because all she wants is some attention from her, she shows how much she loves Char in different ways. I think that Charlotte is comforting to Hannah Kate, whereas I am Charlotte's main comfort. And of course let's not forget dad! They absolutely LOVE him and get so excited every evening when he gets home from work. They can be in the worst end of the day cranky mood but when dad walks through that door all is forgotten and smiles a mile wide appear on their faces, it is so sweet!
Other things they are doing:
*They are both pulling up on objects such as the toy box, jumperoos, coffee table, you name it.
*One of their favorite things to do is pull all of the clean laundry out of the laundry basket and throw it all over the place!
*They think it is so funny to throw/roll a ball across the floor and have us return it to them.
*They are really liking the beach. We've gone there the past 2 Saturdays and just enjoyed the early morning things, like seeing dolphins playing and doing flips, not having to deal with crowds at the beach, and we get there when lots of people are walking their dogs. A couple of weeks ago someone brought their very sweet lab over to say hi to the girls and they were just giddy with excitement! The LOVE dogs, especially Charlotte and every time I see them playing with a dog it makes me so sad that Ellie never adjusted to having the girls in our life. Maybe one day in the far future we can get a new dog, but not for a very long time ;)
*Both girls have 4 teeth, 2 uppers and 2 lowers. I'm telling you that once their teeth start coming in they begin to look like little girls and not babies anymore...kinda sad but I love watching them grow into their personalities and seeing who they are becoming!
*They are eating all finger foods now so no more purees. Charlotte actually refuses to open her mouth for a spoon these days, she only wants to feed herself. So, they are eating what we eat for the most part. When we do chicken and veggies for dinner, that's what they get too and they are happy with it!
I can't believe my little girls are almost 1...once again a little sad but such an exciting and wonderful thing!

Charlotte thought it was funny to wear dad's hat.

Hannah Kate just thinks "What is on my head?"

Charlotte's after bath faux hawk :) Whenever she gets out of the bath lately this is how her hair ends up after being towel dried.

So we decided Hannah Kate needed a matching faux hawk too!

My little crawlers! Char in front (R), HK in back (L).

Once again, my little laundry helpers. They love to take the clean laundry and throw it all out of the basket so I learned my lesson to not fold it first!

I walked out of the room for a few seconds and when I got back HK had pulled herself up on her jumperoo!

My little beach bunnies. HK (L) & Char (R)
WooHoo! Let the chase begin...
ReplyDeleteYay! The girls are mobile and at just the right time too! I'm thankful you don't have to worry about them and the stairs in your old place. I like how you post a lot of pics of your girls. They always make me smile! They're such cuties!
ReplyDelete