Friday, March 30, 2012

Another big change

Well, life has just gotten a little quieter and definitely lonelier in the Hunter house since Tuesday. Patrick left for an 8 month deployment on March 27th and he will finally return on November 28. I already miss him like crazy even though it's only been a few days. At first I couldn't even wrap my head around getting through the next 8 months, I just kept asking myself "How are we going to do this?" And then being the person that I am that always has to have a logical way to deal with things, I decided I am going to focus on 1 month at a time instead. So the only pressure I've put on myself for the moment is to get through at least 1 month. Patrick has gone on several work-ups where he was gone for 2-3 weeks and we did just fine with those so I figure that's almost a month we've done on multiple occasions and we can get through this first month as well. I was also getting very overwhelmed as the time to deploy drew nearer about how I was going to manage the whole situation of having a baby, being in the hospital for 3 days after a c-section, figuring out who can take care of the girls during those 3 days, and if there would be anyone at the hospital with me to welcome our newest little guy into the world. Whew, being in the military isn't just hard, it can be downright overwhelming when you live in a city with no family or long time friends to lean on when you need the help. However, I have wonderful friends and family back home and Patrick has a cousin and his family that live here that have offered to come help when I need it...thanks everyone! On that note, if anyone wants to take a trip to Virginia Beach just let me know...we've got no plans for the next 8 months!

On a lighter note, the girls are now 19 months and they are as silly as ever! They love coloring with chalk, crayons, or just about anything really. Yesterday Charlotte did the funniest thing: she grabbed the chapstick off of my nightstand and started acting like she was putting it on her lips (the cap was still on) and making a "Mmmm, Mmmm" noise while doing it. I guess she's seen me and Patrick put chapstick on enough times that she knew what it was for and imitated what she has seen. It is amazing what sponges their little brains are and how they pick up on everything! They love playdates with their little twin friends down the street who are 1 month older than them and get so excited when I tell them their friends Carson & Grant are coming over to play! HK just sits there with a grin on her face saying "Carrrrsn" over and over again :) I met their mom, Tracy, when we were just out walking in the neighborhood last summer right after moving here and we have become such good friends over the past several months. She has truly been a blessing from God in my life and I am so thankful for her friendship. We have such similar circumstances right now because her husband is currently on an 8 month deployment as well, and having twins around the same age has really been great to talk through some of the blessings and hardships you deal with. Just having a friend in such similar circumstances is truly a blessing because there are days when she has to keep me going with her encouragement, and vice versa. Well, enough for now. On to the pictures :)


Patrick's parents came for a visit before he left. Nonny in the grass with HK (L) & Char (R)


Smiley HK


Sweet girls in the sanbox. Char (L) & HK (R)


Action shot of Char throwing a wildflower she had just picked. This girl loves to pick the wildflowers in the backyard!


HK in the sandbox looking like she's not so sure about something. Hmmm, I wonder if she just ate some sand?


PopPop on my new swing. Patrick & his dad hung this swing for me so I can have somewhere to sit with all of the kiddos in the backyard once Micah arrives.


Family shot: Patrick holding Hannah Kate, me holding Charlotte.


Daddy and his girls :) They love their daddy and have asked for him several times a day since he left. We sure are going to miss him a ton over the next several months.


Charlotte cleaning the floor, a little mini-mommy!


These girls LOVE chocolate! HK holding a chocolate covered pretzel.


Charlotte drooling her chocolate covered pretzel!


23 weeks pregnant with Micah

24 weeks pregnant with Micah. Disclaimer: My hair isn't really THAT big, part of it is a shadow :)

3 comments:

  1. Will be thinking and praying for you in the months ahead, sweet girl! Amanda has kept me up to date on you. Love the pictures of the girls! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you! Call me anytime you need some long distance support. :) And where did you get those sun hats? So cute. Addie needs a new one for this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (So, I just tried to write a comment and don't think it worked! Sorry if this is a duplicate!)

    Tripp is so excited about a boy cousin! He really can't wait to meet him. There is nothing like little boys. You will die at how Micah will just melt your heart! I don't think he will be very different from the girls at first so you don't have to worry about that:) I will let you know when to expect the distinct boy characteristics to start. It looks like the girls like to play in sand and with rocks so he will fit right in!

    We love you and are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete