Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hello Chicago!

We left Nashville, had lunch with my dad, then headed up to stay the night at my mom's house on our way to Chicago. We were glad to get to see everyone during our travels but we were so ready to be settled into our new home. We live in military housing this billet and it is so much nicer than I was expecting! We have a view of Lake Michigan from our home and it is beautiful. We have really nice neighbors and it's pretty nice to live in a neighborhood with everyone else who lives the military lifestyle. I have been pleasantly surprised :)

Hanging out at Nana's house on our way to Chicago.
This is MIcah's favorite spot in the new house :) He loves to climb in and out of small enclosed spaces.

We went to a little farmer's market near us and a lady saw the girls swooning over some sunflowers and just gave them each one! They were sooooo happy :)

A path in our neighborhood that the girls like to go bike riding on.



We went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens and it was beautiful!


The butterfly house was very cool. We went into a greenhouse like building where there were hundreds of butterflies just flying around all over the place. The girls thought it was the coolest part of the Gardens.


We love to go bike riding in our area and the kids really enjoy it too.

The girls coloring at their activity table that Patrick and I made them. I"m so glad this DIY project turned out!

Fun in our new backyard. Micah loves to climb up both slides and he's really good at it.

Nonny sent the kids some winter gear to prepare for the Chicago winter...I don't think they are quite sure ;)

Granny had the kids all make a footprint stepping stone and the girls LOVED it!


Lake Michigan view

Micah loves his new trike from family friend Tracey.

Chicago house

As I was unpacking the girls room Patrick brought up a box he said had something for their room inside and out popped these 2! HK (L) & Char (R)

This boy loves playing in boxes too!



No comments:

Post a Comment