Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful day on Mother's Day this year because I have the best husband and children. Patrick and Micah got up extra early (Micah woke up at 5am) and went to Dunkin Donuts for a dozen donuts and stopped by Starbucks for some coffee. I stayed in bed until I heard the girls work their way downstairs and came down to that wonderful surprise! I also received the sweetest handmade cards from each of the kids! Then we went to Olive Garden for lunch for some yummy Italian food. After lunch my wonderful husband gave me the opportunity to take a nap while he watched the kiddos and I slept the whole afternoon. When I finally woke up and came to the kitchen I was greeted with take out from P.F. Chang's! Patrick knows the way to a pregnant girls heart...food!
The Thursday before Mother's Day the kids had a mother's day tea at their preschool and it was so sweet. I went to Micah's classroom first where he came to the hall to get me and took me by the hand to lead me into his classroom. He showed me some of his favorite things to do and play with in the room and played for a few minutes before sitting down at the table and having a snack that he had prepared for me. I ate little flower shaped cookies that he had put blueberries in the middle of, so very sweet! Once his tea ended it was time to go to the girls classroom for another round of sweetness! The girls came out to get me from the hallway and each took one of my hands to lead me into their classroom where they also showed me some of their favorite things to do in their room. After playing for a bit they took me to the table for a snack where they served me! I think that's the first time my kids have actually served me food, instead of the other way around...I felt so special! Each kid had also made me a special present. Micah had painted a little flower pot for me and the girls each gave me a canvas with their painted handprints that said "You are my sunshine". This was the best Mother's Day I could dream of!

Luckiest mom ever to have these 3!
L to R: Char, HK, Micah


No comments:

Post a Comment