Since most of our celebrations these days involve spoiling each other with our favorite things to eat (that's a pregnant girl for ya), this father's day was no different! We started out the day by making Patrick's favorite breakfast, biscuits & gravy with sausage. Patrick & I are the only ones who will eat the gravy though so the kids end up eating biscuits loaded up with an assortment of toppings like jelly, honey, cinnamon & sugar :) I use some of the sausage in my gravy and cook up the rest of it to eat as sausage patties and I believe Charlotte could eat a whole plate of the sausage patties all by herself! I think she may love pork products as much as her daddy because she also devours pork tenderloin when we make it, and of course who doesn't love bacon! Speaking of pork, for lunch we went to Real Urban BBQ after church and had some pulled pork sandwiches with an assortment of sides. Patrick loves eating at this restaurant for a few reasons: it serves pretty good BBQ and it has pictures of all of the well known Memphis BBQ restaurants plastered all over their walls so I think it takes him back to some younger days of eating lots of BBQ with all of his dental school buddies.
After lunch the kids and I gave him a super special treat- he got to go to Home Depot all by himself without anyone to distract him and just putz through the aisles uninterrupted :) He hasn't done that in a very long time because the kids all LOVE going to that store with him so he usually has at least 1 kid with him. If he has all 3 kids and me with him we pretty much get what we need and get out because that store doesn't hold the same special place in my heart that it does for him. So to go alone was a special treat for him for sure!
For dinner we went to a local pizza joint, Ferentino's, and had Chicago deep dish pizza with pepperoni & green olives. Patrick LOVES green olives on his pizza but it is hard to find a restaurant that has them around here because usually all they have is black olives. So, this restaurant scores bonus points because not only is the pizza delicious, it also has his favorite topping! The kids always eat really well when we go there as well so that's a bonus in my book :)
The last special treat the kids and I gave Patrick for Father's Day was a new rain jacket. I know this sounds like a boring old gift but he really needed one badly because his was in disrepair. Last year when we would leave Ozzie out of his crate when we weren't in the house, he would chew all of the zippers off of our coats. I'm talking even if we were just out in the driveway talking to neighbors we would come back inside to find chewed up zippers all over the floor. Well, one of the victims was Patrick's rain coat so it wouldn't zip anymore. He never complained about it so I forgot all about it until this Spring and early summer when it wouldn't stop raining almost every day. So even though it's not an exciting fun gift, at least he's dry in the rain now! And the kids thought it was a super cool gift because they think anything they give someone is an amazing treasure these days :)
Happy Father's Day to a wonderful man! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment